Application portal for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown based businesses only
The focus of this scheme is to provide a level of financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses, in our town centres, to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and, therefore, increase their outdoor dining capacity for the summer of 2021. This scheme will financially assist and support independent tourism and hospitality business owners to create outdoor dining experiences in a regulated and accessible manner. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme will be administered through Local Authorities and each local Authority has the right to use their discretion in regard to their process and the development of appropriate terms and conditions that are appropriate for their respective streetscapes, businesses etc. All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements.
The scheme will provide up to 75% of the ex VAT cost of equipment purchased/installed, with a maximum allowable contribution of €4,000 per applicant premises.
What Items will be considered for the grant?
- Umbrellas (awnings/canopies attached to buildings require planning permission)
- Electric heaters
- Plant stands
- Wooden Platform
Screens/windbreakers will be subject to the following conditions;
- Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
- Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
- Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
- All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
- Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
- No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.
Privacy & Data Protection
If you require further information regarding our Privacy Statement, you can contact us at email@example.com or write to us at: Data Access Co-Ordinator, Governance Section, Corporate Services, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, A96 K6C9.
Freedom of Information
Applicants should be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, information provided by them in this Application may be liable to be disclosed. Applicants are asked to consider if any of the information provided by them in their Application should not be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity.
If Applicants consider that certain information is not to be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity, Applicants must, when providing such information, clearly identify such information and specify the reasons for its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants do not identify information as confidential or commercial sensitive, it is liable to be released in response to a Freedom of Information request without further notice or consultation with the Applicant.
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council will, where possible, consult with the Applicant about confidential or commercial sensitive information so identified before making a decision on a request received under Freedom of Information.
The scheme is open to attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafes, public houses or other tourism and hospitality business establishments where food is sold for consumption on the premises. Only businesses which are open to the general public are eligible under the scheme - sports clubs, private members clubs, etc. are not eligible.
Applicants may apply via this portal for funding of up to 75% of the ex VAT cost of furniture and equipment purchased, with a maximum allowable contribution of €4,000 per applicant premises subject to the following:
- Applicant premises is within Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown county boundary
- Furniture and equipment was purchased between 1st April 2020 and 30th September 2021
- Furniture on the public realm has been licensed by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
- Furniture in private spaces has appropriate planning permission where required.
- Commercial rates due in respect of the premises have been paid for the period up to 31st December 2019 or a payment plan is in place
Applicants who previously applied for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council's Street Furniture Grant may also apply here if their grant was previously capped at the €2,000 limit.